Thursday, July 30, 2015

Coolest Hill Tortoise is in Fraser Hill July 2015


Impressed Tortoise crossing the Old Gap road on the 4th km to Fraser Hill. Wikipedia has a description of this unique denizen of the forest. Who would have thought tortoises can live in forests! I had a misconception that tortoises only frequent the oceans, rivers & lakes. This is the first time I have ever seen a tortoise in the wild. When I visited Fraser Hill in late 1990s and early 2000s, I met a researcher who was tagging one in WWF's Nature Education Centre. More pictures of this unique species of Tortoise "in action" below. The coolest hill tortoise is in Fraser Hill and I had to admit my mistake in associating it with Spiny Turtle as illustrated in Wikipedia.

A Big Thank You to Ms Pelf from MNS Negeri Sembilan & Malacca for pointing that out to me!





1 comment:

  1. We must appreciate the wildlife in Malaysia. Trees being chopped down in our forests without any second thought. Human beings end up as the losers in the long term.

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and Bouquets welcomed but not Internet trolls

Tropicbird versus Frigatebirds