Friday, April 1, 2016

Sunny Saturday and Sunday in Fraser Hill

Sunny Saturday with blustery wind condition. Iconic Chestnut-Capped Laughingthrush (or should it now be called the Spectacled Laughingthrush?) greeting us upon our arrival in Fraser Hill. The Hill Patridge did not turn up at Methodist Bungalow even though we waited for it until 6.45pm that Saturday evening. We dinner at Arzed's Corner in the food court near the Children's Playground. Ang drove us to Seri Berkat for some night-birding and we walked along the roads looking for the Grey Nightjar (Ang's bogey bird). It was almost midnight when we returned to Puncak Inn. I was quite tired by Sunday afternoon when we were birding at Hemmant's Trail. I didn't follow Ang and Raj as they walked further ahead along the Trail (where they spotted the Lesser Shortwing). I rested for a while, sitting on a stone, surrounded by the trees, flora and fauna of the Trail. The Rufous-browed Flycatcher flew and perched on a branch in front of me (see pictures below). As we continued birding that Sunday in Fraser Hill, some of the pictures I manage to take included that of a White-throated Fantail. This fantail is moving all the time and it really does live up to its name as picture below shows. Himalayan Striped Squirrel was also seen foraging for food together with the birds. It is a very fast-moving mammal, hopping from branch to branch - not an easy subject for photography:)




1 comment:

  1. Walking the forest trails of Fraser Hill does wonder for me. Though I have aged considerably since my first trip there in 1998, this Little England of Malaysia has rejuvenated me when the going got tough.

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and Bouquets welcomed but not Internet trolls

Tropicbird versus Frigatebirds